Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Energetic!

Well a happy Tuesday morning to you all!

It’s been a beautiful morning here in Rancho. It’s going to heat up again, they said today is going to be the hottest at 107, and then I’m hoping that it’ll actually be FALL after that!

I’m looking forward to cozy scarves, hot lattes, cuddling up, and breaking out the crock pot. Also, this winter, if things work out all right, we’ll be moving into a condo! ^___^

Anyway, so this morning, going along with the “no sleeping in” rule, I woke up early. And then I snoozed for another hour (whoops!). I’m working on it, but I still managed to be up by 8:30.

Last night at the gym, there was a relatively low attendance on Monday night (because, you know, it’s Monday night) so I did a personal training session with my trainer. (Yay!) It was my first experience with weight lifting outside of the little stuff we did for track in high school. Holy cow! So when I woke up this morning, my back and chest were so sore!

I don’t know about you, but waking up and feeling sore is sometimes the best feeling in the world. It means you actually accomplished something, and you pushed your body further than you think you could have gone.

I’m getting used to being at the gym a lot and working out frequently. My week feels kind of off if I don’t get it in. It’s a little weird, because when I started, I made every excuse not to go. I get a lot out of it, now that I’m becoming a “regular”. It’s why I like going to a smaller gym.

Back to this morning, I woke up and had an English muffin with organic peanut butter from Sprouts, and a Chobani Greek Yogurt with Pomegranate, which was interesting to say the least. I liked the flavor, but the  crunchy seeds somewhat surprised me. I thought I had bitten into some bad yogurt! But after the initial surprise, I was pleased with the flavor.

IMG_20121002_103316I also had coffee, lots of it! (You expect me to wake up early without?)

After breakfast and a few chores, I ran into Pouty Dog.

Now if you don’t know what Pouty Dog is, he kind of looks something like this:

IMG_20121002_103200“Hey, I’m sad. I’m really, really sad. *SIIIIIGGGGGHHHH*”


Yes, my dog lays on my bed and literally *SIGHS* until I get up and take him for a walk. Yes, I know, I am a sucker, and it totally works.

So I laced up my running shoes and decided to take him out before the heat gets above 90.

IMG_20121002_104257“Happpyyyyyy”

He was exhausted from our one-mile trek, and it made me realize my poor dog is a little out of shape. Guess we need to go on a few more walks, huh?


I actually had an instance a couple of months ago where we were walking home from the Pacific Electric Trail. He decided that the patch of grass in front of the library looked like a fine place to roll in the grass, right in the middle of our walk. So here I am, trying to get my dog to walk the next two blocks home, and a school bus full of grade-school kids pulls up, and they’re all laughing at me trying to get my silly upside-down-dog to get up and go. It was insult to injury, but I ended up laughing right along with them!

Yeah, okay I go off on tangents sometimes.

On that note, I’m thinking about doing a Turkey Trot, after seeing a few other bloggers post about how much fun it is to run. For those of you who don’t know what it is, (I got a lot of Facebook questions), on Thanksgiving morning, you run a 5k or a 10k before you go home and stuff your face with Thanksgiving goodness. It seems like it would be a fun tradition to start!

I’ve picked out a couple of Turkey Trots, one local one is the Dana Point Turkey Trot, which is in beautiful Dana Point, Ca. And then there’s the Seattle Turkey Trot, in the case that we’re at Kurt’s sister’s house for Thanksgiving. I love the holidays. :3

I’m gearing up for when we actually go to Seattle again, to do some sort of race there. I love the area and the weather, and every time we’ve gone, there’s been some sort of 5k or 10k that I wish I had trained for. The races up there look like a TON of fun!

So that’s my morning for ya. I’m going to try to stay out of the heat, even if it means camping out in Starbucks all afternoon playing World of Warcraft (I know, I know).

MegaFit tonight! (eep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment