Friday, October 5, 2012

Sleepless in Cucamonga

Okay, so I took a whole bunch of pictures yesterday, only to post them on a blog today. Le Fail. So, my Thursday and my Friday are both being categorized as “Lazy Days” because I did not want to move all day yesterday or today. Why? Because…

*drum roll*

It’s finally Fall here in Southern California. (Please, please, please stay this cool for a while). It’s finally been under 90 degrees and it’s been wonderful! I loved drinking tea all day yesterday and then curling up under the covers with the Kindle and reading. <3

Also, I’ve almost completely given up caffeine. I’ve been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, and I’ve been laying awake in bed until 2 am, which isn’t all that great considering some days I have to be up at 4. I’ve tried several strategies, and finally I’ve decided it’s time to kick my caffeine habit until I get my sleep schedule straightened back out.
Also, starting tonight, I’m cutting back on the reading in bed (on the Kindle) because a study shows that staring at electronics before bed disturbs your REM sleep.
Lastly, I’m going to (try!) to cut naps out of my day. I always feel sleepy at about 2 or 3 pm, and sometimes give in to an hour nap. Another problem I have to fix.
Phew!

Now that I got that out of the way, I did a bit of grocery shopping yesterday and picked out some healthy options for my breakfasts/lunches. I was reading through some other blogs and was inspired to go grocery shopping the “healthy” way. Here’s a few things I came back with:

IMG_20121004_205749IMG_20121004_205555IMG_20121004_205735IMG_20121004_205516

These were just a few things I found interesting in my shopping cart. I also splurged on vegetables, because Fresh and Easy was having a crazy “98 cent” fall produce pack sale. The quinoa and brown rice are in the ready-made packs, so if I want an easy lunch, all I have to do is heat it up. (I don’t have a rice maker, so making rice is quite a chore when I have to do it for just myself).
Yogi Detox Tea, because I like the Yogi brand, and this is the only decaffeinated flavor they had, and I’m not willing to drive across the street to Albertsons for tea.
Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate-
this was one of my favorite weight-loss secrets. When you get a craving for something like chocolate, or brownies or such, eat a piece of dark chocolate very slowly. It kind of melts in your mouth and gives you the sensation you’re eating a whole chocolate bar, because the chocolate is so concentrated.
The Wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon was an interesting splurge (it was $6 for this 6 oz. can!) But while I was shopping for cans of tuna, it caught my eye, and needless to say, my curiosity got the best of me: “sustainably caught.”
I also picked up Greek yogurt (Fresh and Easy has their own brand now), spinach, apples, an eggplant, goat cheese, French bread, soup (for Kurt), shallots, asparagus and ground turkey.
So that’s my little shopping trip today. Let’s see how long this lasts, and if it really makes a difference filling me up for my lunches.

That’s me getting a little rambl-y. Hehe.
If you know me in person, you know I LOVE to talk. I am one of those people that gets in trouble for talking too much at work. It’s a good and bad thing in my profession. Bad because it keeps me from getting work done, but good because I think talking really helps my patients take their minds off their treatments. I love getting into a conversation with someone, and hearing their life stories.

So that’s my Thursday post that was supposed to be posted last night, now to work on my Friday post. More ramblings to come. :D

<3 Hojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment