Monday, October 1, 2012

Well, I Tried!

We went grocery shopping today and I tried to pull this business…

2012-10-01_17-37-34_533Notice anything?
Guess it didn’t work. *Hmph*

Today was my big Lecture Exam in Anatomy. I don’t think I did too well, but I didn’t do terrible either. It was kind of meh. I’m hoping (hoping!) that my awesome nursing-skills kick in after this and I nail the next few tests. It’s silly, right? I have to keep my head up!

Speaking of which, I’ve started to read “The Good Wife’s Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help-Meet”. I was flipping through my Amazon, and stumbled across this how-to/self-enrichment book. Now, I know I’m not married, and I’m definitely not “housewife” material, but the reviews to this book drew me in because it’s based around strong family values, which I’m all about. I really like how the author takes a Christian view of her roles as a woman, and it goes along well with some of the sermons that have been taught at our church this week. I’m finding it a good read, and even though I’m not a wife or a mother, it gives me guidance as a young woman as to my role in the Christian faith. I also believe that when I get to that point in my life, it will set some good guidelines. Preventative medicine. ^.^

The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet

Today, I’ve resolved to stop being lazy. Like really, I think I’m done sleeping in and laying around. I have too much to accomplish to just flop around the house. It’s one of the first lessons in “The Good Wife’s Guide.” Sleeping in is wasting your day and should be reserved for a once-a-week occasion. It’s almost selfish to sleep in and not spend your time doing something constructive. I agree! There are days where I wake up at ten and just feel guilty for doing so! And then I get flustered when I don’t have enough time on my hands. I think it’s a good idea to create this habit, and I think it will also aide me in my job hunt and school work.

So that’s my recommended reading for the week.

In about 30 minutes, I’m off to kickboxing!

2012-10-01_18-10-06_235Aren’t my shorts the best 80’s teal???

I have a whole bunch of stress to work off tonight! (Especially in this 106 degree weather!)

School has been stressful, and now they’re doing voluntary layoffs at my hospital. I’m getting nervous because I’m only working one or two days a week, but I need to keep my head up and push forward. Having a positive attitude and a workout routine has really helped with the stress. It’s just one of those times where you don’t know where you’re going, like you can’t see in the dark, but you just have to keep pushing forward.

Anyway!

This is what’s being sneaked into dinner! (I’m excited!) Seems like we’re possibly having Mediterranean food tonight! (Don’t tell Kurt, he hasn’t quite had the best experiences with Mediterranean.)

 2012-10-01_18-07-54_431*sneaky sneaky*

Has anyone seen Gangnam Style? I saw it for the first time ever this morning, and now I have it STUCK in my head!!! Then my friends sent me the Bill Nye version. I just about died!

So that’s my post for tonight!
Possible fancy dessert post tomorrow. ^__^

<3 <3 <3

-Hojo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment