Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Night Off…

So it’s Friday night, and after a 105 degree day, I’m about ready to call it a night!

After sleeping almost all day (a rare event for me, I’m usually up at 7-8am on my days off), I took the time today to update my blog design and catch up on some reading.

I still got my workout in tonight, 20 minutes of running on the Pacific Electric Trail. I’m going to admit, it was a shorter run because of the heat, I had to wait until sundown to do my run (it was still 95 when I left!). The second half of the trail isn’t exactly lit properly, so I had to turn around early and come back.
2012-09-14_19.35.34
The brand-new Route 66 Trailhead!

The up side was, there were a LOT of really cute Pit Bulls on the trail! I love how people are actually adopting these dogs from our shelters and then taking their high-energy buddies on runs. I had a full-on cheesy grin at two runners with their pups.

Dinner was a seared Ahi tuna salad. This being the first time I seared Ahi, I think I did a pretty good job!

IMG_2187

It included baby greens, shredded broccoli and carrot mix, mushrooms, and sesame dressing. I marinated the Ahi in soy sauce, garlic and ginger, as well as added a hint of wasabi and sesame seeds before searing. It turned out amazing!

I’m hoping to do more tuna dishes in the future, since I’ve overcome the intimidation of cooking this fish.
I always order Ahi salads off of lunch menus in restaurants. You can’t go wrong! So now I want to try it with mangoes and strawberries next time. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment