Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Halfway!

So, needless to say, it’s turning out to be an extremely busy week! It’s only Wedensday, and I’m full-blown exhausted!

some days..... :)

Thankfully, I’ve found ways to keep myself sane, and thank God for the invention of the “Five-Minute Room Rescue”  (a blogger via Pinterest) that I’ve been able to keep organized.

Today was the definite middle of my week though. After waking up early to study, I made my bi-weekly trip from Rancho Cucamonga to Westminster for my Anatomy class (about a 90 minute drive), to Whittier to have coffee with a friend (another 50 minute drive) and back home in Los Angeles rush hour traffic (another two hours). So time spent in the car equals about 4 hours, to three different counties and 8 different freeway changes. It was all very worth it though, being able to see a friend I haven’t seen since high school.

Today, I had a rather stressful test that I stayed up until 1 AM cutting out and pasting index cards because I could no longer hold a pen, my hand was that tired (ha!).

So besides all of that, I got an A on my test (woohoo!). Now to jump to the next subject and start all over for the Lab Practicum next week (eep!).

 

Workout:
It seems almost impossible to fit in a workout when I feel so busy I’m going to pop, but I managed to get in my cardio, even if it meant not making it to class.
Monday: Kickboxing
Tuesday: Running intervals (I’ll explain this later)
Wednesday: Rest (ha!)
Thursday: Work
Friday: Intervals
Saturday: Work
Sunday: Kickboxing

IMG_2180Perky Girl!

I’m slowly (slowly!) trying to get back into running. I’ve had problems with my knee, energy levels, and allergies to really be able to get back on the trails, but now that I’m starting to get all of that under control (thank you, Cardio!), things are getting much better.
I found a “Running for Beginners” graphic on Pinterest this week, and it’s a 12-week step-by-step program to get you running for 20 minutes straight.

Running for beginners

Since I’m already doing cardio during the week, I upped my time to 30 minutes, adding extra sets of intervals, and skipped to the second week. So far, it’s really working for me!

So, now, here’s my question: supplements or no supplements? And what type?

Last week at the gym, our trainer was giving us samples of C4 (which is a combination supplement of Folic Acid, B12, Vitamin C and caffeine). You basically take it 30 minutes before your workout and stay hydrated during. While I don’t mind using supplements, and I liked the boost it gave my workout, my nurse-y senses were tingling, meaning I’m not quite sure this is entirely right for me. To make a long story short, it completely disrupted my sleep patterns last night. I think it’s a ONCE in a while kind of thing, when I don’t really have the energy or drive to go to the gym, if that.

Another supplement I want to look into is protein powder. I see a lot of female athletes using it as an ingredient to shakes, yogurt, etc., but I’m not sure how it works, if it causes weight gain, etc. If anyone can give me an insight to this, it would be great.

The “future” of this Blog:

So I’m thinking about where I’m going to go next with this blog. I obviously have a lot more “time” this semester to focus on me and my life, rather than spending 48 hours at work, so I might just start putting a lot of time and effort in to this blog.
I might just have to switch over to WordPress and take the time to figure the silly thing out. I have a couple of friends who are on WordPress and they seem to find it easy to use. I also like the organization of topics.
NEXT WEEK: I am considering getting my own domain name. Maybe www.gallonofcoffee.com or something of the like. I haven’t decided. I would like to up the views and responses to this page, because, honestly, I like talking to people and hearing what they have to say!

What I’m Reading:

As per a friend’s suggestion, I’m reading The Year of Living Biblically by A.L. Jacobs.

The happiness project book list: the year of living bibically 
So far, I’ve had to laugh out loud at this man’s antics. Maybe I’ll start a book review section?
So much to do!!!!

And with that, I’m off to bed!

Disneyland post soon!

Goodnight everyone!

-Hojo

No comments:

Post a Comment